User personas and competitive landscape for MOOC learning market
Online education is growing fast. The project’s focus is on understanding the key stakeholders and market players.
- Identify key stakeholders involved in online learning and define their key motivations
- Select one user profile that learns online and create their persona.
- Identify the key players in the MOOC landscape and compare their reach, course offerings and business model.
The massive open online course market is packed with players around the world with course offerings across all major learning disciplines. The key stakeholders in the market include the following:
- Learners – career switchers, career advancers, lifelong learners
- Educators – teachers, instructional designers, and administrators (in case of universities)
- Employers – working professionals, managers, and chief learning officers
The project dives into the key incentives and decision-making framework for each stakeholder. The project also provides a roadmap for companies to build an online learning business. The competitive landscape dives deeper into the key-value prop and differentiation between the top 5 players in the market.
The project was completed in October 2015 and might not have the latest competitive information but the general trends in EdTech and the user needs discussed in this project are still relevant.
The author has not requested endorsement for this project.
Please do not share confidential information related to your employer.
Prowess does not encourage or support sharing of intellectual property owned by a 3rd party.
You may share your own work or a redacted version of a work project that does not disclose any proprietary information.