I am an experienced product manager, marketer, engineer, strategic planner, management consultant, and a result-oriented professional. With a wide range of experience in product management and business planning, I have developed a knack for working seamlessly with cross-functional teams, engaging effectively with senior executives, communicating at all levels of an organization, enabling data-driven decision making and managing complex, large scale projects.
Currently, I work in the EC2 Commercial Software Services Team at AWS at Amazon. Prior to this, I worked at Dell in Server Infrastructure and Solutions business where I focused on end-to-end planning & execution for next generation of products. I created targeted product strategies for different customer segments and executed on the product roadmap to bring innovative new products to life. I also worked in product management, marketing & strategy roles in the Cloud-Client-Computing/ Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) team at Dell.
Previously, I worked at KPMG Management Consulting with clients based in India, US, and Malaysia in a range of industries such as Information Technology, Retail, Bio-Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Heavy Engineering, Chemicals, Food and Apparel. I developed go-to-market strategies, conducted market assessment and researched customer behavior, thereby helping clients bring winning products and services to the market.
Own the portfolio of 5+ server-storage products, planning for next-gen releases with innovative technologies, leading launch of upcoming products and driving higher sales for in-market products
• Led planning, development, launch and sustaining activities for data management platforms such as PowerEdge XE7100 and DSS 7000
• Created VMware & Red Hat based server solutions through hardware-software integration
• Analyzed the server market to identify key growth areas, leading to development of 3 new targeted products in artificial intelligence, edge computing & software-defined storage space
Launched ‘VDI Complete’, a pay-as-you-go monthly seat offering that reduced cost and complexity for desktop virtualization customers
Planned Dell Wyse ThinOS and Embedded Linux operating systems with enhanced UI
Focused on product planning and development of next generation of cloud, data center and desktop virtualization products, with the core objective of catering to customer needs that in turn enable higher revenue, margin and market share for the business
• Drove higher product sales through pricing, promotion changes and delivering more comprehensive sales enablement tools and training
Led a cross-functional team to create customer segments and design a targeted pitch pack for each segment; designed an online customer feedback survey tool
– Rolled out a new mobile phone service for a major global telecom services provider; optimized pricing strategy and trained distribution network for launch across multiple states
– Increased number of retail outlets from 12 to 27 by developing financial projections, business model, and go-to-market strategy for the pioneer of professional fabric care services in India
– Carried out cost-benefit analysis to set up an IT vendor management office for a US based large corporation; realized $8 MM in cost savings
– Created proposals for food, agriculture and retail clients to land new business worth $500K
– Mentored 3 new hires by tutoring them on spreadsheet modeling, presentation and research skills
– Achieved 150% topline growth for a large Indian exporter by creating growth strategy through analysis of spice oleoresins market to rationalize product portfolio and geographic presence
– Pioneered KPMG’s data analytics sub-division by analyzing store sales data and conducting market basket analysis for a large national grocery retailer; won a yearlong engagement worth $200K
– Co-authored paper titled ‘Taming Food Inflation Through Innovations in Agribusiness’ released in the 9th Knowledge Millennium Summit organized by Assocham (India) in 2011
– Designed ‘Store Assessment Model’ to help a leading coffee chain determine store potential; model assisted client in realizing growth target of doubling outlets in five years
– Undertook sales forecasting, planning & aggregation exercise to enable better production planning for India’s largest kitchen appliances company; reduced costs by 5%
– Revitalized KPMG’s Chemical Consulting Practice through primary research and developed an online knowledge sharing center; won six consecutive projects worth $400K with a niche player
– Published ‘Indian Retail: Time to Change Lanes’ thought leadership report; created strategies for retailers to cope with the economic slowdown
No Licenses or Certifications Found.