I currently have 5 rental properties and I consistently maintain strong and respectful tenant relationships by being available, approachable and going above and beyond. Proudly, I have had an average tenure of ~5 years on my properties.
Aside from maintaining healthy relationships with tenants, I also need to ensure I identify high-performing investments that provide a return on my investment.
As an Airbnb Super host, I’ve proudly maintained a 4.90/5 rating and am often recognized for my customer service, welcoming and natural demeanour and adding a personalized touch for my guests.
Calgary Reads is a non-profit focused on early literacy. As a way to create sustainability, they strategically developed a social enterprise arm of the organization. I was brought in on contract to ensure they had the products they needed and the processes, financing and technology in place to support their new earned revenue stream.
As my time at Calgary Reads followed a period of downsizing for COVID, I also assumed the role of interim Controller.
In this role, I was responsible for the development of new ancillary revenues and an AI Chatbot. In the spirit of an early stage start-up, I often had to fill in for different roles to champion the successful delivery of products. Maintaining flexibility while preserving focus on the organizational strategy was critical as the landscape and priorities shifted. This role was heavily reliant on cross-functional collaboration and buy-in from others, and the development of vendor partnerships was key to executing on the vision.
– Product development of a Chatbot, which successfully deflected 68% of general inquiries from the Contact Centre at launch
– Developed roadmap for new ancillary revenues and led the execution of several new products in first year of employment (Carry-on bag + priority boarding bundle, baby equipment fee, international infant fee, 1st iteration of bundling, currency conversion, onboard seat sale)
– Elicitation of business requirements, project documentation and business case writing
– Responsible for building strong and long term relationships with external partners
**This role ended as a result of COVID-19 layoffs, unfortunately**
I purchased a brick and mortar retail boutique located in northwest Calgary and created and implemented strategic initiatives to increase revenue by 41% during first year of ownership and maintained profitability each year thereafter. After leading the business through 5 years of award-winning customer service and growth, I designed an exit strategy and successfully sold the business, which still thrives today.
– Established long term, mutually beneficial relationships with distributors, manufacturers and sales reps
– Identified need for new store location and independently represented and negotiated a new lease for the space
– Led hiring and mentoring of 4 long-term staff, who collectively won the People’s Choice Award for 3 years in a row.
– Increased reach and revenues by building an e-commerce site on Shopify
This role blended strategic analysis, business intuition, creative thinking and program leadership to evaluate and develop new products/services that met WestJet’s strategic goals and growth plans.
• Played a key role in identifying a need for pre-purchased meals onboard. Led the request for proposal, wrote a project business case and presented and sold the idea to senior level Executives
• Analyzed competitive landscape and defined product and guest experience strategies using business cases to develop recommendations
• Prepared forecasts, financial analysis, journal entries and month-end working papers to ensure accuracy and reasonability
• Prepared budgets for Ancillary Fees and Onboard Products
• Assessed reasonability of monthly and quarterly variances and communicated results directly to Management and Directors
• Managed multiple priorities
• Anticipated user needs and built and maintained monthly management reports accordingly
• Identified inefficiencies in Onboard Products programs and made recommendations