The Acceleration Project (TAP) is a consulting firm that provides advice to small businesses, entrepreneurs and municipalities to keep local communities vital. Founded and managed by women, TAP recruits, trains and mobilizes female professionals to work with small business clients, providing resume-building experience that supports and prepares them for career reentry. TAP is a 501c(3), supported by grants and donations in order to provide services at a cost well below market.
Hired and co-led a team of volunteers and managed the day-to-day operations for the chapter activities and functioning aligning with the organization’s goals.
– Designed the chapter organization and defined the responsibilities, roles, and goals.
– Ideated a High School Program Management guide. Recognized as best practice by C-Suites and rolled out nationwide.
– Raised volunteer application by 80% and promoted the launch of a new mentorship program.
Managed a program in a merger and acquisition context aimed at aligning and sustaining efficiency within project management initiatives and process improvements.
– Developed a project management methodology framework and rolled out usage to 2,000+ people. The framework improved overall deliverable quality as measured via KPIs (79% of users satisfied).
– Served as a Product Owner to launch a project portfolio portal of 200+ projects, streamlining communication between the Business and IT teams and reducing the arbitration process(go/no go) lead time by 32%.
– Mentored staff and supported change management directives: trained teams to implement the in-house and Agile SCRUM methodologies.
Coordinated and implemented Release Management policy and processes in coordination with functional and operational teams.
Drove process improvements that reduced the number of releases, lowered risk and maintained quality.
Participated in the implementation of an Enterprise Service Bus intended to build a large-scale distributed system necessary for the firm’s development.
– Planned and orchestrated end-to-end release processes for 50+ enterprise applications.
– Reduced annual releases by 17% by initiating the annual project portfolio analysis (~100 projects) to rationalize planning, needs and constraints.
– Defined the release best practices for projects using the ESB to comply with the release management policy.
Tech Lead for a project (>$250 million) managing national Retirement business processes. Managed a team that developed, tested and debugged features, with deployment in March 2010.
Served as Proxy Business Analyst for a strategic partnership project in Healthcare ($2 million).
– Served as Domain Expert; worked cross-functionally with product owners to analyse business requirements and translate them into technical design specifications
– As a proxy BA, worked with business users to define a clear vision for scope, elicit requirements, describe business processes, define use cases and task workflows. Designed wire-frames, product requirements, and acceptance criteria documents.