Product & Solution Manager
CIBC Bank, Toronto, ON, 2013 to Present
Enterprise Product & Solution Manager
- Experience in managing large programs and projects across multiple organizations and partnering with multiple disciplines with strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal/team skills
- Support and strengthen database stability for cross-functional teams by overseeing an enterprise DBA team tasked with managing various Oracle, Netezza, PostgreSQL, databases.
- Align objectives and bridge communications with IT personnel to certify all enterprise portfolio roadmaps and infrastructure projects as well as align roadmaps and projects, such as the timely migration of Oracle to Netezza DB to a new platform, with IT infrastructure and operations.
- Oversee all aspects of Application, such as operations, upgrading, upstream & downstream and managing over 15 direct resources.
- Implement Integration & Movement of dataCalculation via Feed hub, Secure Gateway, Cognos Command Center and Autosys.
- Deliver dynamic leadership and training to on-shore and off-shore Development teams in order to prepare Product Solutions and collaborate architects.
- Reduced job queue and enhanced SLA management for critical jobs by optimizing workload management through the development of over petabyte size db. framework based in best practices.
- Minimized incidents and facilitated change management efforts by restructuring Application solutions for SAS, Congo’s, 10K+ ETL jobs, and various teams.
- Spearheaded full-scale Netezza upgrades with new data compression techniques through effective DBA team management, resulting in extended storage shortages in DB platforms.
- Prioritized successful and efficient patch deployment aimed at protecting critical systems from daily threats by coordinating and managing a team.
- Enhanced job processing, storage consumptions, and SLAs by incorporating columnar database solutions (BLU).
- Liaised with a Development team to facilitate management of unplanned work through a data-driven waterfall & Agile culture.