Head of Product
Leading Africa’s largest API payment infrastructure across EMEA.
@VGG: Managed product/solution lifecycle as well as after-sales support and operations for more than 30 software products/solutions. I directed and oversaw the end-to-end delivery of two solutions that provided hassle-free and seamless e-invoicing, payment collection, and settlement for private firms, SMEs, and government agencies from concept to launch and after-sales operations.
@AZAFinance: Building Africa’s largest API infrastructure for remittance payments, collections, and liquidity management. Working with culturally diverse cross-functional team members in Engineering, Data Analytics, UX Design, Quality Assurance, DevOps, etc.
Leading Africa’s largest API payment infrastructure across EMEA.
Working with a multi-cultural team of Product Managers, 40+ developers, designers, QAs, data analysts, and other stakeholders to deliver payments, collection, and liquidity ensuring a hassle-free experience through a robust API infrastructure.
* Managing the product road map and prioritizing the features and integrations backlog.
* Achieved 95% average completion rate of quarterly goals through product delivery process optimization.
* Achieved a 2000%+ increase in profit margin by implementing optimization and routing strategies based on partner cost of sales, performance, and service.
* Attained growth objectives with ROI, effectively making strategic decisions, driving continuous improvement with expert decision-making skills and strong business acumen.
* Successfully delivered the highest-grossing special project with $500Million+ volume processed by Q3 2021.
Vigipay (A Venture Garden Group Strategic Business Unit)
• Spearheaded the development of our multi-channel payment platform which achieved 40% of the annual acquisition forecast within 3 weeks of MVP release, while managing the business and operations of our CBN licensed payment company.
• Improved cross-functional team alignment by implementing collaborative sprint and quarterly goal setting exercises resulted in a 30% increase in sprint burn down rate/velocity.
• Aligned and executed product vision in close collaboration with executives and technical leads. Managed products through the lifecycle, including defining products and road maps and working closely with engineering to deliver successful results.
• Translated customer requirements into workable features and collaborated with development teams to scope, design, and launch new features. Informed product road map by incorporating information from market research, consumer trends, and customer specifications.
Fidesic Nigeria (A Venture Garden Group Company)
• Initiated and secured strategic partnerships with mobile money operators, leading to a 100% growth in EBITDA within 3 months.
• Drove new business through upselling and cross-sell opportunities to 50% MRR growth from existing customers.
• Notched up over 400% increase in revenue and 300% increase in profit margin within eight months, by implementing monthly OKRs setting frameworks for business health and performance management.
• Fulfilled and maintained a CSAT score of 90% month on month by coordinating customer experiences with a close eye on the customer and team member interactions, touch-points, and methods of engagement.
Successfully led a team to develop and launch the first multi-channel payment collection, settlement, and reporting software product, which was then deployed to all Federal Health Institutions in North Central Nigeria and the FCT as part of a project sponsored by the Nigerian Honorable Minister of Finance to improve revenue collection transparency.
As the head of product specialist competency, my job is to ensure user experience and revenue targets are created, met, and surpassed, relationships are built and preserved.
• Led a 25-man team to manage after-sales support services of over 20 software applications with 1500+ users in 4 industries (Aviation, Education, Financial Services (Tax), and Power) across Nigeria.
• Created and operationalized team structure, roles & responsibilities, career path,budget, tasks, and performance management.
• Deployed strategies and tools for managing remote staff to ensure accountability and productivity.
• Ensured closer collaboration of software engineering and product specialists’ teams, reducing friction.
• Collaborated with project managers and business analysts to coordinate requirement gathering and documentation.
• Coordinated all post-development efforts towards go live and after-sales engagement with users.
• Responsible for vendor management – SLA and OLA management and compliance for performance management.
• Created and maintained relationships with customers at all levels i.e., field ops to management.
• Planned and executed 100+ training sessions and deployment to users all over Nigeria
• Pioneered the creation and delivery of business intelligence reports to stakeholders (internal and external), increasing engagement by +45% (based on usage and compliance)
• Launched performance management framework aligning individual, team, and company OKRs and KPIs, ensuring a transparent and data-backed reward system.
• Coached existing and new product specialists through individual engagement.
• Actualized career mapping, performance scorecard and performance tracking to ensure growth at all career levels.
• Managed products/solutions from ideation to launch and after-sales operations.
• Responsible for all product documentation/artifacts of over 15 tailored software solutions.
• Supervised all activities of the client operations & escalation unit reporting in line with the defined Service Level Agreements.
• Deployed hardware and software products built for the Aviation industry in 6 airports in Nigeria
• Synchronized with the technical team to ensure continual service improvement based on customer feedback.
• Anchored the team’s due diligence process to international investors.
• Coordinated incident post mortems and change requests.
• Collaborated with other team members to launch the company’s ISO standards certification campaign
• Created and implemented team operations manual and career track.
• Designed service and operations level agreements for internal and external stakeholder management.
• Managed the call center and field operations ensuring all incidents were logged and tickets closed.
• Provided exceptional customer service in person, via phone and email as appropriate
• Resolved incidents including troubleshooting hardware.
• Set up and managed the company’s first helpdesk software and championed continuous service improvement initiatives.
• Designed process flows, presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders
• Skillful management of up to 100 customer service accounts at any one time within a targeted environment led to the consistent attainment of monthly targets and receipt of company award for ‘Best Performing Support And Revenue Assurance Analyst” from the CEO in 2013 and 2014.
Application Support, Customer Relation Management, Stakeholder Management, Revenue Assurance, Risk Analysis and Management etc