As an improvment advisor, I led cross functional improvement projects by defining project scope and objectives, designing stakeholder communication plans, collecting quantitative and qualitative data to clarify current state, mapping current and future state processes, and implementing prioritized solutions in an agile manner.
• Led remote work transition for the organization, impacting roughly administrative 4,000 staff, by leading a cross-functional team to implement new processes and procedures.
• Facilitated COVID-19 response in surgical services by developing operational processes to dial-up and dial-down volumes across 4 hospitals and 2 procedural centers.
• Optimized clinical staffing volumes across 16 specialties to support system-wide care redesign by collecting data from time studies, the EHR, and collaborating with clinical staff and department leaders.
• Collaborated with University of Wisconsin’s Industrial and Systems Engineering department to host senior capstone projects within the organization; completed 16 projects since 2019.
• Facilitate root cause analyses on serious safety events in the organization using a systems based, human factors approach.
• Coached and supported leaders in implementation of a system-wide lean management system, called the UW Health Way which covered topics including: A3 problem solving, value stream mapping, and strategic focus.