Who We Are
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners — in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. Pandora provides consumers with a uniquely-personalized music and podcast listening experience with its proprietary Music Genome Project® and Podcast Genome Project® technology. Pandora is available through its mobile app, the web, and integrations with more than 2,000 connected products.
As the Fraud Staff Product Manager, you’ll have the unique opportunity to instill trust and confidence in our listener’s at SiriusXM/Pandora. The Fraud team takes pride in being quick to resolve the latest fraud patterns, forecast fraud scenarios and prevent them before they occur, build long-term system and product features, and partner with a top Fraud vendor. The challenge and opportunity is to ensure a secure experience for our customers. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us.
We’re looking for a Staff level product manager to join a fast-paced and transformational company to manage several fraud initiatives. You will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models and capabilities to proactively identify sources and patterns of fraud and minimize the company’s total exposure to financial risk. You will also develop a long-term vision that will establish SiriusXM/Pandora, its systems and capabilities as the industry leader in fraud management and mitigation and services.
We’re looking for someone who possesses a very high level of product development and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data and prior experience to create insights for cross-functional partners that includes engineers, analysts, and operations. They will ensure that we deliver a customer-first approach and define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities. You will be the ‘go to’ leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud and risk solutions across multiple businesses. You are an experienced manager who will take an experimental approach to designing and testing new product features.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, extremely collaborative, flexible in the work they do, obsesses about the customer, and can build trust with all areas of the business. You will drive the product roadmap and strategic vision for Fraud at SiriusXM/Pandora. This position is full time and can be based in our Oakland, Atlanta, and NYC offices. The position can also be remote.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap through close collaboration with senior leadership, Finance, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape.
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities.
- Oversee the development and management of real-time systems and models to combat systematic fraud.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights in collaboration with our fraud vendor partner.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, essential fraud issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
- Establish business cases and projected return on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Partner with Finance and Business Leaders to manage the impact to profitability of the overall business.
- None, Individual Contributor
- 6+ years of experience across Fraud and Risk across payment, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries.
- Experience defining strategic vision and tactical execution to reduce fraud and build sustainable fraud products and systems.
- Focus and thoughtfulness on data and analytics to solve problems and experience achieving results through continuous improvement.
- Have experience with multiple types of Fraud: Account Creation, Spin Fraud, Royalty Fraud, Spin Manipulation, Credential Testing, Hijacked Accounts, Credit Card Testing and Ad Fraud.
- Experience in effectively working with multiple teams for collaboration and company-wide project delivery.
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions.
- Analytical skills, proven ability to use data and metrics to evaluate decisions, provide insights, and drive action.
- An innovation mindset with the ability to assess the value of candidate product concepts with a consistent track record of execution excellence.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to drive and influence key decisions across engineering, design, science, product and other stakeholders.
- Experience communicating with executive stakeholders and investors, anticipating questions and articulating decisions with supporting rationale; high-attention to detail.
- Strong collaborator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical background and ability to have collaborative, in-depth technical discussions from engineers to marketing technology stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to stakeholders, product managers, engineering, data analytics and business partners.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- A passion for music and other streaming content.
Requirements And General Skills
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Product and Project Management tools experience (Jira, Wiki)
- Agile development and methodology experience