Dice is the leading career destination for tech experts at every stage of their careers. Our client, Smith Johnson Group Inc., is seeking the following. Apply via Dice today!
We are looking for a full-time Senior Platform Product Manager who will develop requirements to help innovate and enhance our client’s backend systems across CMS (Content Management System), video delivery, ticketing, data, marketing and more. You will understand user and internal developer needs – both stated and unstated – and deliver a product beyond expectations. Doing so will require a strong technical background, qualitative and quantitative research abilities, and a creative mindset and holistic approach to product management. You will set the vision and roadmap, working with multiple teams and customers dependent on the platform, to constantly drive constantly evolving immersive experiences.
- Develop a platform product vision and champion the vision to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Write product requirements and work with engineering, project management, and QA teams through implementation.
- Identify KPIs, builds dashboards, and analyze data to understand user behaviors.
- Conduct usability research to inform new features and improved user experiences.
- Provide continual direction to development teams, ensuring clear momentum across projects.
- Regularly communicate product plans and outcomes to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Work with Design team to create optimal user experiences.
- Work with Product Management leadership to shape product strategy and translate into actionable short-term and long-term roadmaps.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager working with backend systems, platforms and/or websites.
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with Engineering, Product Design, and Data Science.
- Experience working with data and marketing platforms, APIs, and content management systems.
- Experience working with engineering teams using Agile / Scrum software development & other common engineering best practices.
- Proven ability to tell a story with compelling data and use an iterative approach to data collection and management.
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative sources to design and validate ideas.
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices, including when to follow patterns and when to push boundaries.
- Experience with video platforms is a plus.
- Experience with events and entertainment businesses is a plus.
- International product experience is a plus.