The Sr. Product Manager, of Pharma Services Group (PSG) will drive global strategy for our Advanced Therapies portfolio within the Patheon CDMO business and report to the Marketing functional group within PSG. The ideal candidate is someone who puts customers first, drives teamwork to win, and leads change with a clear vision and value to the business.
This upstream marketing role drives business growth by acquiring critical market and client insights; crafting business cases; assisting strategy development; defining the roadmaps; developing, and launching new offerings; and integrating multiple service offerings across business units to build outstanding value for our clients. The position requires significant thought leadership, strategic marketing skills, and the capability to influence across various functions/roles. In this position, you will be viewed as a skilled marketing professional with a proven understanding of the responsible business units’ market, client, competition, and service offerings.
- Collects feedback from customers, sales, and business management to identify new market trends and opportunities
- Provides critical insights and recommendations, based on external and internal assessments, that define business growth initiatives and drive a sustainable advantage
- Routinely monitor competitive landscape for significant shifts, articulates the implications for the business, and develops appropriate responses
- Supports business unit and divisional planning processes
- Establishes market and opportunity sizes
- Owns the innovation process for the assigned area(s), assesses opportunities, validates concepts for new service offerings through Voice of Market and Voice of Client work, defines requirements, and prepares business cases to support the investment in new service offerings
- Defines multi-generational service line roadmaps; prioritizes requirements; prepares client use cases; and leads client alpha/beta pilots to secure Voice of Client feedback
- Establishes and leads critical initiatives that drive commercial success and support the overall business strategy, which includes the development and launch of new service line offerings
- Builds launch plans for new service offering introductions and provides technical training
- Recommends and drives implementation of innovative ways to the current plan and strategy
- Interacts with varying levels of internal and external partners including direct client communication and public presentation
- Supports a learning culture of continuous improvement by identifying and actively participating in and/or leading process improvement and organizational change initiatives as needed
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- A bachelor of Science degree in related life science or engineering field is required (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering)
- MBA is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of strategic marketing, product management, or product development experience in a pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical device, or life science environment
- Experience in developing and implementing long-range product roadmaps
- Technical knowledge of CDMO, pharmaceutical development, or life sciences market
- Technical knowledge of biologics, cell and gene therapies, and/or drug product production processes preferred
- Understanding of CDMO, pharmaceutical, or life sciences markets
- Product marketing and product management (upstream/strategic marketing) skills include launching new products or services.
- Demonstrates strategic and tactical thinking. Be creative and possess the ability to have a “big picture” viewpoint.
- Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Independently identifies problems, answer questions, and gains the teamwork of others to implement efficient solutions.
- Adept at distilling and presenting sophisticated concepts in simple terms verbally and visually.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Has succeeded in cross-functional, matrix organizations with minimal direction.
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range estimated for this position based in Utah is $130,000.00–$194,950.00.
This position may also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our U.S. colleagues and their families can count on, which includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan, including health incentive programs
- Employee assistance and family support programs, including commuter benefits and tuition reimbursement
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability in accordance with company policy
- Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
- Employees’ Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount