About The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who’s excited to take on complex problems and create elegant product solutions for our customers, both internal and external.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Platform Product team, you will focus on building the underlying platform and engine that fuels the Ethos experience for our consumers and partners.
The role will include cross-functional collaboration with other product teams, legal, compliance, business operations, finance and accounting, sales and customers. You will be responsible for defining and tracking the outcomes of the team and managing the day to day work of what we build.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish shared vision for your product across the company and building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Collaboratively lead a team of engineers, designers, and business stakeholders to solve complex real-world challenges with simple, usable products
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products, develop insights, and implement improvements
- Drive first-person workflow & usability studies, field research, and market analysis into product requirements to build best-in-class tools and infrastructure
- Build world-class tooling for our CX teams to effectively and efficiently deliver outstanding outcomes for our customers
- Build scalable platforms for use by various application and tooling layers at Ethos to handle the needs of our business today and the predicted needs of the future
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience: You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 5+ years
- Fast learner: You’re excited to get into the details and become an expert in life insurance infrastructure, from how payments are processed to how data flows through our internal systems.
- Collaboration. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others. You welcome ideas and resolve conflicts
- Prioritization. There are a million ways to make the insurance experience better – we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Comfort with complex systems: You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system into its constituent parts, and equally comfortable building large and complex systems
- Analytical Abilities: You know how to represent and understand systems with many variables. You use data to arrive at and clarify decisions. You don’t shy away from getting your hands dirty with SQL and APIs
- End-to-end thinking. You look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- User-centricity. You have a passion for user experience, and you can do everything from user research to working closely with designers to create an amazing experience.
- Empathy. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Organization. You are a natural at project managing your features and getting things done.