Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Product Manager – Platform IAM
Fastly is looking for a Senior Product Manager for Identity and Access Management (IAM). This Product Manager will be part of the Platform Product team and be responsible for driving the strategy, roadmap, and delivery of IAM capabilities spanning the entire spectrum of Fastly’s edge cloud platform and partner integrations. This role will have a significant impact on Fastly’s strategic initiatives, customer satisfaction and revenue goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Formulate the strategy and roadmap for Fastly’s edge cloud platform IAM capabilities and partner with stakeholders across the organization to deliver end-to-end solutions for customers
- Understand customer use cases across a broad spectrum of industry segments, translate and synthesize those into crisp product requirements
- Enable seamless and secure customer experiences across all Fastly products, APIs and 3P ecosystem leveraging IAM technology standards
- Define data model covering Users, Roles and Resources, catering to enterprise customers needs and deliver granular RBAC capabilities
- Define and monitor product success metrics using data-driven goals
- Collaboratively lead cross-functional and distributed teams by building trusted working relationships throughout the company, at all levels of the organizations.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a self-starter with a natural affinity for the details of complicated systems while remaining focused on the larger vision, great interpersonal and communication skills, and a passion for learning, building, contributing and growing with the Product team and the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or another relevant technical field
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably with SaaS, PaaS or Iaas products
- 5+ Experience working on large scale distributed systems or cloud services
- Experience working with IAM offerings by public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Positive, get-things-done, curious and collaborative nature that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think tactically and strategically to craft a compelling platform product vision and to deliver incremental business value making smart tradeoffs
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire people to do their best work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and leverage the terminology understood by audiences as diverse as executives, finance, legal, and engineering developers
We’ll be super impressed if you have experience in any of these:
- Experience with system design and concepts/protocols such as OIDC, OAuth, SCIM, SAML, and Webauthn
- Familiarity with Certification Authority and PKI concepts
- Passion for building robust and secure authentication, authorization and RBAC systems
- Understanding of building cloud applications in an enterprise environment
- Passion for driving adoption through product analytics with experience using analytics tools and SQL
- This position will require you to be available during core business hours.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements:
This position is open to the following preferred office locations:
- New York City, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Denver, CO
Fastly currently embraces a largely hybrid model for most roles which allows employees flexibility to split their time between the office and home.
The estimated salary range for this position is $155,370 to $194,210.
Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location.
This role may be eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity and discretionary bonus programs.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), an open vacation policy and up to 18 days of accrued paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program. For 2023, we offer 10 paid local holidays, 11 paid company wellness days.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. As a new hire, you will be able to attend our IN-PERSON new hire orientation in our San Francisco office! It is an exciting week-long experience that we offer to new employees to build connections with colleagues across Fastly, participate in hands-on learning opportunities, and immerse yourself in our culture firsthand.
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, family or parental status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and federal or state disability laws, Fastly will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your Recruiter, or the Fastly Employee Relations team at [email protected] or 501-287-4901.