Generac Clean Energy combines the speed and excitement of a technology startup with the resources and market power of an S&P 500 industry leader. Our careers offer boundless opportunity for energetic, mission-driven applicants who seek to make an impact in a fast-paced culture of teaching, learning, and professional growth, developing solar + storage products and software for the clean energy revolution.
The Senior Product Manager develops and drives product strategy cross functionally with P&L responsibility in a broadly assigned product category or categories within multiple brands. This role is responsible for product lifecycle management, and ensures the successful launch of new products, prioritizing strategies based on market analysis and business capabilities. The Product Manager gathers and maintains category research and synthesizes data into facts and trends that validate company direction on product development, driving innovative three-year product roadmap in collaboration with other business leaders. The incumbent understands product quality metrics and communicates issues to the appropriate groups, contributing to problem solving and resolution.
Open to candidates based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada; South Portland, ME; or San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as knowledge expert in product category relative product capability, technical specifications, and features, as well as market drivers and the competitive landscape.
- Build and deliver timely reports and presentation to internal stakeholders and external customers, including relevant metrics and information related to the product line or category.
- Gather and maintain category foundational research to include industry and consumer-focused research (e.g., industry outlet share, market share, and retail sales by price tier, competitive product profiles, consumer “pain points” and usage/attitude research).
- Synthesize data into facts and trends that validate company direction on product development.
- Develop product category strategy to drive revenue and profitability for assigned product lines, including specific, measurable goals such as percentage of market share, net sales, product revenue and margin growth. Prioritize creation of strategies against business needs and market demand
- Drive innovation-based three-year product roadmap to deliver concept ideation such as Unique Selling Propositions, roadmap of new projects, improvements to existing products and product lines, new product launch timing, phasing out old product timing, channel/customer driven NPI (New Product Introduction) projects, and cost reduction projects.
- Drive activities and execute on strategies to support the sales team and process at key launch events or product milestones.
- Utilize formal and informal communication to drive product strategy across the organization, gaining buy-in from broad stakeholder base in a matrix environment.
- Collaborate across functions and lead indirect teams to move projects through the stage gate development process.
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering team to understand critical intellectual property, regulatory standards, legislation in order to update product category strategy as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in marketing product management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls.? The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.? On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.? The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.?Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”