We’re transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn’t fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless and rewarding for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We’re building a team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You’ll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
About Instacart Ads
Instacart Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping journey — from initial keyword search and aisle browsing through checkout. Our vision is to democratize the grocery store by offering brands of all sizes an equal opportunity to reach potential customers.
About Ads Format
The mission of the Ads Formats team at Instacart is to connect customers and brands, and build delightful and engaging ad experiences that are relevant for customers and drive advertiser outcomes. Our team works on deeply understanding customer needs, designing new advertising experiences and use-cases that facilitate shopping for customers in fun and delightful ways, while giving brands an effective way to drive sales on the platform. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards, and push the boundaries of making advertiser experiences just as engaging and performant as organic experiences.
ABOUT THE JOB
- We are hiring a Senior / Principal Product Manager to lead our Sponsored Product Ads portfolio and drive execution for the current Sponsored Products portfolio, as well as define and shape the long-term vision and strategy for the Sponsored Product Ads.
- Sponsored Product is our flagship Search advertising product, and we are looking for a versatile PM who can do it all — from deeply understanding and building valuable customer experiences that complement shopping on Instacart, maximizing value for brand advertisers, and working across the spectrum from front end formats experience to backend/ML optimization.
- You will be working with the amazing team of frontend, ML/backend engineers, data scientists product and engineering partners within ads org. Additionally, you’ll closely partner with consumer PM teams across Home, Search, Cart, AI, and more to thoughtfully design, launch, and scale advertising experiences across the Shopping journey.
- Lastly, you’ll also partner with PMM, ads sales, and business operations teams to deeply understand and solve for advertiser needs and outcomes, and communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences – within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- 6+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Prior advertising products experience (Formats and Search products experience a plus)
- Ability to flex across front-end consumer experiences and backend/ML/infra
- Strong design intuition, with a demonstrated ability to identify & solve for customer needs
- Technical depth to drive strategy and execution for ML/optimization initiatives
- Passion for building products that unlock value for advertisers and customers
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross functional partners and drive progress through incentive aligned models.
- Thrive in fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.