Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here too. We’ve been recognized as a “Best Company to Work For” and we’re proud of our team for creating software that makes an impact in the lives of HR pros and employees all over the world.
What You’ll Do
BambooHR is on a mission to set people free to do great work. The role we’re looking to fill is a career-defining opportunity for someone passionate about product and creating great places for people to work. We are looking for an experienced product manager who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers and designers. The product you’ll help to build and shape touches millions of users in the HR space every single day. Your job will be to help businesses become more efficient by removing exhausting paperwork and processes, drive employee engagement, deliver better support, and enhance productivity, all while making the experience feel more fun, connected and personal.
What will you be doing?
- Deeply know the problems and opportunities that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- Ship software that changes peoples’ behavior for the better, creating better outcomes for our customers and BambooHR
- Manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritize this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team is responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release
- Motivate a group of committed, intelligent people to do the best work of their careers
What You Need To Get The Job Done
- You feel aligned with the BambooHR values
- 4+ years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful products
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team
- Ideally, you have a strong design background, as it’s essential you’re able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive
- You have deep experience working with qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you’re self-driven.
- You’re organized, not ad hoc
- You’re able to switch between thinking creatively and analytically easily
- 9AM-5PM MST, Monday-Friday
What You’ll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like Inc, Salt Lake Tribune, Glassdoor, & Comparably for our great workplace culture
- Make an Impact. We care about your individuality by giving you freedom to grow and create within the company, regardless of your position
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to a personal financial planner, and both legal and life insurance
- Financial Peace University. We pay for a one year subscription and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus
- Give back. Get paid to give your time to the community: ask us about this!
- Educational Benefits. Whether you are a previous student, or currently enrolled in higher education, we can help cover some of those expenses
- Flexible Work Models. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location
The base pay range for this position is below. This position is also eligible for a performance bonus (or commission as applicable). Compensation will vary based on skills, prior experience, and location.
An Equal Opportunity Employer–M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.