The Senior Complex Product Manager will be part of the structured product team within Wealth Management Solutions. This team collaborates throughout the firm to drive our growing structured product business. The position will lead integrated activities between business partners, conduct due diligence, select a monthly suite of product offerings and manage ad-hoc custom (reverse inquiry) solutions provided by issuing banks. This team ensures structured product offerings provide a great experience to clients and advisors. This role will work with cross-organizational teams and third-party partners to design then perform the product management controls resulting in excellent execution of the structured note and structured Certificates of Deposit (CD) programs. This individual will also play a key role in executing near-term and long-term initiatives for the business.
- Engage in initial and on-going due-diligence of product issuers as well as the product offerings
- Assemble a monthly suite of structured product offerings
- Manage advisor led custom built structured product offerings (adhoc)
- Ensure all business aspects are aligned for success; this includes Sales, Operations, Trading, Legal, Compliance, Marketing and Supervision
- Identify strategies to grow the structured products business, and partner with teams internally and external to drive results.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the experienced advisor recruiting team recruiting, advisor escalations and presentations to senior management.
- Aid in the design and implementation of product management policies and processes for brokerage and investment advisory offerings while ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements
- Cultivate relationships within the organization and with third-party partners
- Contribute to the delivery of new products and/or services through enhancements that increase ease of use, competitiveness in the marketplace, risk control and/or improve profitability
- Aspects of responsibilities may include: due diligence; competitive positioning; managing relationships; identifying business opportunities; managing business challenges; policy & procedure development; establishing operational readiness; understanding system integration, marketing; education; training, regulatory environment awareness and contract negotiation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience working in the financial services industry or 7+ years of experience working in product management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (ability to quickly understand complex or ambiguous issues and develop sustainable solutions)
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven organizational skills, including managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- The ability to take on projects and business needs with autonomy
- A sense of accountability to ensure projects and job functions are completed properly and timely
- Flexible and adaptable in reaction to change
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Detail-orientated self-starter with great interactive people skills; the ability to proactively communicate plans and status to leaders, team members, advisors and partners.
- Active Series 7 or the ability to obtain within 120 days
- Advanced degree or financial services certifications
- 5 years in financial product management
- Experience working with vendor firms
- Comfortable influencing and collaborate with or leading across an organization to drive results
- The ability to understand business situations from several angles and socialize possible solutions
- Experience working with financial professionals
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office tools
- Series 66, Series 24, Series 4, Series 53
About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.