The primary job function is to manage product premium volume growth and profitability results within assigned states by preparing forecasts and analyses.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages relationship of every aspect of assigned product through interaction with relevant departments such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, Customer Service, and outside contracts (agents, regulators and industry groups).
- Develops action plans and strategic direction for functional areas and maintains alignment to ensure successful development of the entire product line.
- Accountable for product success with one or more assigned states depending on market/regulation characteristics and population size.
- Product lines to include, but not limited to, Auto and Property.
- Recruits, manages and develops Product Analysts and Assistant Product Managers.
- Other functions may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or related field.
- Master’s degree desired in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working with property and casualty insurance industry products or 3+ years with a Master’s Degree.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Assistant Product Manager or equivalent position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills regarding product and industry, reflective of successful progression through various job family levels within the Property & Casualty Insurance industry.
- In-depth technical knowledge of auto industry products and services, philosophy and best practices and the ability to apply such knowledge in a strategic capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to correspond with management, internal and external customers.
- Requires the regular exercise of independent judgment to make moderately complex decisions beyond the scope of the established Company guidelines and parameters.