About Working At Commerce
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 155 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
The main purpose of this job is to support the growth and profitability of the assigned product(s), including the identification and development of new product opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of product strategy and functionality with management oversight, business initiatives, and tasks
- Facilitate open lines of communication across multiple lines of business, including sales, marketing, operations and IT
- Gain insight into customer needs and identify opportunities that solve market problems
- Maintain an intermediate level of understanding of the industry and competitive landscape related to the assigned product(s)
- Organize and facilitate project meetings, including priority and status meetings
- Effectively participate in team meetings related to their product(s) and provide meaningful feedback and insights
- Contribute to the product rollout (including customer conversion) alongside partners including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Product, IT, Customer Support
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate understanding of compliance and legal matters that impact their product and business definitions
- Intermediate understanding of the business, competition, appropriate rule-making bodies, etc.
- Skilled in business case justification development
- Aptitude creative thinking and problem identification and resolution
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Project management skills with ability to lead and engage in cross regional and cross-functional teams.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 5+ years product management/development or project management preferred
- Demonstrated track record of implementing product strategies based on business objectives that deliver measurable business results
- Level of role is determined by knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, and education
Location: 922 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106