Under general supervision, manage the full product lifecycle including the sourcing, marketing, new product development, sales support and financial growth of assigned products. Work with and train sales force to be able to confidently sell product to customers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and develop new products and manage each stage of the process through take to market.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and promotional programs for existing products to include product strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation and brand management.
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing factors. Offer solutions for detrimental sales or cost trends. Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with appropriately detailed marketing plans.
- Work with Manufacturing, Purchasing and Engineering to reduce Cost of Goods by assessing packaging, alternate materials, new sources of material, stocking, make to order, direct to customer shipments, etc. Manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus and optimizing SKU count. May negotiate pricing with vendors for raw materials and finished goods. Visit vendors to develop products and train personnel all aspects of each product and usages. Coordinate materials with vendors and develop finished custom items.
- Analyze and bid on GPO and/or Integrated Delivery Network contracts for assigned product categories.
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Conduct market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team.
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice experience (preferably in the healthcare industry).
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal resources.
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).