H-E-B Digital is focused on delivering impactful products and digital solutions to drive exceptional business results that H-E-B customers and Partners (employees) love.
Product Managers At H-E-B Work With An Exceptional Team Of Designers, Engineers, And Business Partners To Deliver Value To Two Audiences
- Consumers: Provide a compelling and delightful digital experience so that customers can search for, discover, and purchase the products they need.
- H-E-B Digital Partners: Arm H-E-B Digital developers with a world-class native mobile platform that can be easily iterated upon while remaining reliable, performant, and scalable.
What is the opportunity?
As a Product Manager for H-E-B’s native app platform, you will shepherd the roadmap for H-E-B’s native applications. This will include triaging and appropriately prioritizing requests from business stakeholders while continually evaluating how best to achieve the company and technical outcomes you will help define. Success will likely involve consideration of ideas and suggestions from all sources and the use of quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine how/if to place those disparate needs and requests into a coherent roadmap of deliverables that accomplishes your primary objectives.
You will focus on providing core native capabilities that our Digital and business teams can leverage to create targeted, delightful experiences. This also will require weighing and making investments in system and application maintenance as well as optimizations to the developer experience. We expect you to augment your expertise in native mobile development with decades of existing retail shopping experience from your peers within H-E-B to achieve optimal outcomes.
Your day-to-day is likely to include any/all of the below responsibilities:
- Maintain a deep understanding of the market and technology landscapes, develop a point of view on what implications those conditions will have on our end users, and how that insight ought to influence our decision-making.
- Work with large cross-functional teams to identify new user or business problems that could be solved by the platform and infrastructure teams; build the case for new features and gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Manage the product development lifecycle; work with designers and engineers to produce a groomed, prioritized backlog that aligns the work to business goals.
- Communicate progress and status to key stakeholders.
- Evangelize the story of the journey that the product is on and explain why the destination is valuable and worthwhile.
- Make informed trade-offs to deliver solutions to the market at a rapid pace.
- Identify critical risks and dependencies; anticipate / resolve critical team issues.
- Serve as a trusted subject matter expert, mentor and guide.
Why is it awesome? You will…
- Collaborate with your teammates and peers in a blameless culture that promotes excellence and team accountability by creating an environment where folks selflessly work together to deliver the best solution.
- Help build and apply product management standards / processes across the product team.
- Have an opportunity for significant career growth. H-E-B Digital is a broad organization with lots of areas that need exceptional product & design talent.
- Be surrounded by top talent; we constantly raise the bar, and all get better along the way.
What is your background?
- Proven track record (3-5 years of experience) in digital product management
- Experience in mobile experience, both web and native
- Extra points for experience in consumer software products
Do you have what it takes to succeed?
- You work seamlessly with engineers, designers and business partners alike; you can ask savvy questions paired with various data points to reach powerful product conclusions.
- Enthusiasm for H-E-B values and the H-E-B Digital mission:
- Heart for People: you can see the world through customers’ eyes in order to crystalize problems
- Head for Business: radical thinking paired with strong execution; you envision a world different than the status quo and can articulate a clear path to get there
- Passion for Results: you push to drive positive change
- Familiarity with design, UX, HCI, CS, or related fields
- Familiarity and practical experience with agile development methodologies
- Facility with quantitative and qualitative data to celebrate wins and subsequently identify opportunities to iteratively improve
What are the perks?
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- An 80/20 PPO medical plan with a $30 copay for in-network primary care
- Dental plans, Vision plan, voluntary insurance plans, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) available
- The Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits, up to 5 times per year for each issue
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors over the phone
- Funeral leave, Jury Duty, and Military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage after 90 days
- Maternal / Paternal Leave for new parents, adoptions included
- Eligibility for 401(k) participation after 6 months
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online after 90 days
- Access to other savings (gyms, phone, hotels, and more) through online discount program after 90 days
- Opportunity to become a “Partner-Owner” after 6 months of employment