Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy by bringing high-performance electric vehicles and energy products to market. This mission requires fast paced innovation and execution. At Tesla, we celebrate experimentation and unconventional thinking to find solutions to problems previously thought unsolvable.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead Tesla’s Location Data Master Platform. As a member of this team, you will focus on delivering highly scalable and structured solutions for managing all location data. This individual will also be responsible for the internal experience Tesla employees use to enter, update and view Tesla Locations, as well as track new real estate projects.
This role is critical to enable growth of current and future products and services as Tesla enters new markets, expands its real estate portfolio, and builds more factories.
- Understand and implement data master principles
- Define and deliver product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Work with engineering, UX and business stakeholders to improve efficiency of our internal operations and sales users, while improving customer experience.
- Manage incoming operational escalations, analyze issues and implement long term solutions through self-serve tools.
- Deeply understand internal users and complex workflows to inform new opportunities to improve their experience.
- Work with engineering teams to deliver a scalable architecture that not just meets current needs but considers future growth scenarios.
- Use agile principles to write user stories, plan and drive the software development of features.
- Manage and communicate dependencies with other teams.
- Define and enhance KPIs in conjunction with analytics and stakeholder teams that educate business decision making.
- Prioritize between new features, architectural improvements and operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA, or equivalent in experience.
- 2+ years of experience in product management, product development and shipping quality, impactful products, with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience having shipped internal facing products that delivered business impact.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to query data from various systems to solve problems.
- Passionate about working with other businesses and partners to solve their specific challenges.
- Proven history of converting learnings from customer insights into tangible product features that customers love.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support.
- Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders