Exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing Life Science company providing essential media, buffers, and reagents to scientists working in the fields of Gene Therapy, Vaccine Production, Diagnostics Development, Microbiology, and Basic Research.
We are looking for a dynamic Product Manager to develop and drive our growing business by designing the strategy and technical positioning for our global portfolio of Media products and services. This role will include the global commercialization of new products and services and ongoing portfolio management in support of business goals. You will work with R&D, Operations, and Commercial teams to develop a roadmap for products and services, conduct market research, provide education and training, establish pricing strategies, and support tradeshows. The ideal candidate will understand the bioprocessing market spanning from RUO to GMP (and custom products for customers). They will also be adept at managing relationships and influencing across the organization. This is an office-based role in Hollister, CA , but a hybrid position with 60% time in the office to align with business requirements can be considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set specific strategy that aligns with the company vision and business goals.
- Provide voice-of-customer insights for the entire organization.
- Provide direction on product design, performance, positioning, pricing, and launch.
- Steer new product & service development using best practice stage-gate process.
- Drive changes to our product positioning and targets to help us win in the market.
- Collaborate with the Downstream Marketing team to plan marketing and promotional activities that drive demand.
- Manage and collaborate on technical content for web, product inserts, marketing materials including white papers, capability presentations and webinars.
- Train sales team and external partners (resellers and distributors) and support them with product-related questions.
- Manage product lifecycle, including obsoleting legacy products and introducing new products.
- Work with the scheduling team to match supply to market demand.
- Build and maintain competitive intelligence gathering and analysis that informs portfolio strategy.
BS in Life Science field required. Advanced degree (PhD, MBA) preferred
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in product management, marketing, or development required in the life science/biotech industry with knowledge of bioprocess products and services preferred.
- Experience working in a CDMO/GMP environment a plus.
- Knowledge of key BioPharma, Life Sciences, and Diagnostic accounts throughout North America and Europe preferred.
- Track record of using data to drive decision making for products.
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Salesforce.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate a customer-service orientation with the ability to translate business goals into product requirements.
- Ability to travel to customer sites up to 30% percent of the time.