Who We Are
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners — in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM’s subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
The Product Manager – Automotive will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering, defining and prioritizing product and automotive OEM customer requirements. The Product Manager will collaborate closely with the SiriusXM User Experience Design team, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Programming, Customer Care, OEM Accounts, IT, Legal, and other corporate stakeholders to clearly communicate and document the features, requirements, and product status for automotive middleware and/or OEM programs.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage OEM feature database and other shared automotive product resources
- Subject matter expert for defined automotive product features and functionality
- Work with internal automotive SiriusXM teams and OEM partners to support new automotive service feature requirements
- Ensure requirements meet the development strategy (agile vs hybrid) for assigned programs
- Work with OEM and SiriusXM teams to ensure product launch readiness for target dates
- Work with OEM and SiriusXM teams to define new feature roadmap and/or enhancements including OTA updates over lifecycle of vehicle platform
- Work with OEM and SiriusXM Engineering/IT teams to identify any post launch in-market issues that impact customers and communicate them to all impacted teams
- Work with SiriusXM OEM Account team to identify and support business rules and requirements
- Work with SXM OEM Engineering teams to ensure that new and/or adjusted feature requirements are implemented and client OTA updates are successfully launched and pushed to assigned in-market vehicles
- Provide on-going support to SiriusXM Customer Care and Marketing as well as OEM partners over 5+ year product lifecycle
- Utilize periodic reports of customer metrics, use reporting and analysis to make recommendations for new features and existing feature refinement for OEM applications
- Provide status updates on project progress to SiriusXM and OEM management as required, including in-vehicle or test bench demos of product features and functionality to OEM’s product, marketing, customer care, legal and corporate communication teams as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience of product management
- 1-2 years of experience working with automotive OEMs
- 1-2 years of experience working with software
- 1-2 years of experience working in an Agile environment (preferred)
Requirements And General Skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong blend of product management and technical aptitude
- Broad-based understanding of the automotive industry, new technologies and industry trends
- Experience with projects utilizing Agile development methods.
- Experience with creation of requirements and user stories for inclusion in development sprints.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff and OEM customers at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the web, phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Domestic travel to OEM and SiriusXM office locations.
- Valid US Driver’s License and willingness to drive SiriusXM and Automotive Partner test vehicles as required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to create effective Power Point presentations
- Experience with using JIRA
- Knowledge of iOS and Android mobile applications and/or general software development (preferred)
- Experience with Acrobat and Photoshop