The Product Manager oversees product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, which includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and collaborating closely with implementation team, testing team, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction targets are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the product supports the overall strategy and goals of the organization/ client.
Product Manager Role Description:
- Handles many of the oversight duties involved in getting a product from the concept stage to the production stage; work to maximize product by foreseeing customer and market demands.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify, and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Typically, in charge of ensuring that best practices are followed, goals are met, and projects and related operations are conducted effectively.
- Serves as a liaison between stakeholders and the development/implementation teams.
- Must evaluate the market to find ways to better serve the customers and increase profitability.
- Typically have extensive experience and training in various aspects of business and commerce.
- Proactive, leadership-oriented, and familiar with the needs of the company and the customer base.
- Must have knowledge of technical processes, adherence to marketing guidelines, and familiarity of business strategies.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, analyze data from numerous inputs, and provide direction and guidance to their subordinates.
- Transform business and market strategies into do-able, defined product plans.
- Lead market research and position conversations to ensure viable products and balanced growth.
- Define and document product requirements and roadmaps for execution and sales.
- Own the product roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for every stage of product development.
- Drive the vision for the software product that is to be built and maintained.
- Get detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery.
- Represent business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs.
- Work with product owners and BAs to elaborate user stories for implementation without any ambiguity and ensure alignment towards the product vision.
- Support the Product Owner and Product Marketer with any questions they may have
- Ensure that the product backlog is constantly prioritized to secure delivery of maximum business value.
- Participate in planning meetings to provide mentorship and clarification for each sprint.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand product features being developed.
- Be accountable for scrum team deliverables and KPIs. Review metrics to measure value and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proven work experience in product management in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms (Web, enterprise, or collaboration), or digital consulting
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MBA + MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Good at communication, collaboration and negotiates with key stakeholders (value stream leaders and business groups)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important