The Diagnostics/Anatomical Pathology Product Manager is responsible for leading a defined product portfolio and supporting market analysis, planning, and commercial strategy. Key success metrics of this position are revenue growth, portfolio profitability and new product and supplier introductions. The Product Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing product promotion strategies to accelerate the growth of the Healthcare Market Division (HMD). The candidate is also responsible for developing and coordinating new product launches and marketing campaigns with suppliers to include effective promotional sales tools and collateral. The Product Manager will work closely with Thermo Fisher Scientific self-manufacturing divisions to align business goals in order to assure that the overall corporate growth objectives are met.
- Own all facets of supplier activities to ensure compliance with company practices and business goals
- Perform regular key supplier Business Reviews and cultivate lasting business relationships
- Identify mutual goals, implement performance metrics and negotiate with new/existing suppliers to improve revenue for HMD and the supplier
- Deploy direct strategies to identify and source new suppliers and products (i.e. attend industry conferences to engage suppliers of new technologies to be brought to market)
- Work closely with Business Development and Legal to negotiate favorable commercial terms and conditions with new suppliers
- Develop and coordinate new product launches and marketing promotions with suppliers, including the development of effective sales tools/collateral to be used by commercial sales teams in front of customers
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with internal departments including Finance, Supply Chain, Sales, Purchasing, Marketing, Quality Assurance & Regulatory, Legal, Product Administration, and other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions
- Work closely with self-manufacturing (SMF) divisions and Research and Safety Division (RSD) colleagues to sell Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions
- Develop programs to cultivate relationships between HMD and SMF commercial sales teams, encouraging alignment in business goals
- Work with Learning and Development on training opportunities (i.e. New Hire Training) for all key suppliers/products in the portfolio
- Provide commercial team with sales and technical support in order to identify/address market and product challenges and/or opportunities
- Augment pricing and positioning strategies within the portfolio to ensure profitable growth
- Obtain funding commitments from suppliers for participation in various sales and marketing programs such as the National Sales Meeting, District Meetings and the Strategic Supplier Program
- Implement marketing programs intended to drive profitable revenue growth, achieve AOP objectives and give to EBITA
- BA/BS with major/minor in sciences/business required
- MBA or graduate degree preferred
- Confirmed experience 3 in strategic sourcing, product management or equivalent
- 25-30% domestic travel
- Strong business and financial competence with profound understanding of group purchasing organizations and how they affect clinical decision-making
- Experience with sales, marketing or other commercial functional areas preferred
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory products and applications, actual working laboratory experience or comprehension of customer requirements in laboratory products preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to implement plans with minimal supervision
- Analytical skill/s, ability to analyze data
- Confidence to negotiate and maintain relationships with Director and Vice President level supplier partners independently
- Ability to develop/implement strategies and offer sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with insight on financial drivers
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, to balance immediate priorities with deadlines on longer-term projects and critical initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.