Responsible for the development and strategic planning of specific marketing plans and activities for specific product(s)/project(s)/product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish placement within the competitive arena. Activities may include tactics, tools, logistics, campaigns, basic messaging and positioning. Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies. Leads cross-functional teams/groups with little supervision, to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s). Coaches others on specific products and/or projects. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Designs strategies to maximize the profitability of product lines by collaborating with assigned staff, conducting market research and performing financial analyses.
- Contributes toward the development of an annual departmental budget by forecasting future needs, utilizing previous year’s budget, current objectives and budget guidelines.
- Proposes the allocation of resources to assist in managing products’ life cycle from concept through retirement by assessing needs and objectives.
- Ensures projects are consistent with product line strategy and messaging is effectively conveyed.
- Coaches others within Marketing in the development of projects and/or programs
- Represents the company by visiting accounts in order to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Understands project timeline and makes and presents recommendations based on risk analysis when project is off course.
- Thorough understanding of AV business, product lines, market space, and Client businesses. Bachelor’s degree plus 5-8 years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA strongly preferred