- Our client as the global leader in prestige beauty, touches over half a billion consumers a year.
- The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through both digital commerce and retail channels.
- The Product Management function is the business-facing and vendor point of contact for the marketing resource management (MRM) function within the Marketing Investment Planning portfolio.
- Reporting to the Director, of Product Management, the Product Owner serves as a functional subject matter expert, capturing and documenting business requirements that will be used by the vendor and technical teams as a starting point for the development lifecycle.
- Additionally, they will oversee the solution scaling roadmap, serve as subject matter experts in the marketing planning domain, and enforce process conformance and compliance.
- They will predominantly focus on the management and scaling of the marketing resource management (MRM) SaaS platform.
- The Product Manager creates and own project artifacts that facilitate understanding of requirements, including requirements documents, use cases, user stories, workflows, process maps, wireframes, and mockups within traditional SDLC and Agile frameworks
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional areas to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure adoption of best-practice solutions
- Drive solutions design alignment between internal and external technical teams, engaging in diplomatic escalation
- Oversee collaborative system/data design with users along with technical architecture and development resources
- The Product Manager manages internal customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up to date on project scope and requirements. Administers regular status updates to executive leadership
- Manages external stakeholder relationships with key vendors to drive project scope, requirements, and delivery
- Collaborates with other projects teams (business analysts, development teams, external vendors) through day-to-day operations, consulting on risk mitigation strategies when required
- Establishes a cross-functional understanding of project interdependencies and proposes phased solutions
- Works with data ingestion teams to influence database table structures and indexes to better support analytical needs
- Uses research and experience to apply best practices to business process design
- Understands user experience and visual design and drives a user-centered design process in the delivery of solutions.
- Leads ongoing reviews of business processes and develops optimization strategies
- Evaluates potential software solution, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet future scalability requirements
Must have/Must know:
- Sr level resource – should have 10+ yrs experience with recent Product Management experience (but okay if they have a blend of Project Management + Product Management experience to equate to a total of 10+)
- Must have very strong soft skills, good comm skills
- Will be working directly with the vendor – must have the ability to influence stakeholders and vendors
- Marketing / Marketing Analytics background required
- Strong preference for SaaS experience, especially for experience doing SaaS-based implementations, or strong CRM/Marketing planning tool experience
- Strong communication and validation skills with the ability to iterate through requirements in phases while maintaining alignment with business sponsors and key stakeholders
- Ability to decompose complex challenges into logical options, and influence decision-making to drive roadmap alignment
- Experience driving project discovery leveraging tenets that support long-term scalability
- Strong requirements oversight including definition, management, and socialization
- Independent and creative analytical skills and the ability to clearly communicate ideas and confirm understanding.
- Solutions-oriented mindset, with an appetite to problem solve collaboratively with business partners
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for taking on shifting priorities as new information is discovered
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the belief that no detail is too small to be overlooked
- An exceptional communicator and spirited collaborator having worked in a highly collaborative, matrix environment
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years (s) of experience working in IT system/software development projects or product management
- Demonstrated relationships with best-in-class software vendors including cloud and platform vendors
- Success leading and delivering technological enablement on a large scale within the consumer or marketing planning space
- Proficiency with structuring milestones and driving deployments
- Proficiency with data migration, integrations, ETL, modeling, and analytics (e.g. RDBMS)
- Experience with SaaS-based implementations, leveraging API or batch services for data transfer
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management applications is highly preferred
- Experience working with reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience working with (or, ability to quickly learn & master) a variety of technologies
- Experience operating in development delivery models (e.g. Agile/Waterfall)
- Functional knowledge of ERP modules and functionalities (e.g. SAP)
- Strong production capabilities in PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, JIRA, Confluence
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a strong academic record
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Plans
- 401k Retirement Fund
About the Company
- As the world’s leading animal health company, our client is driven by a singular purpose: to nurture our world and humankind by advancing care for animals. After 70+ years of innovating ways to predict, prevent, detect, and treat animal illness, they continue to stand by those raising and caring for animals worldwide – from livestock farmers to veterinarians and pet owners. The company’s leading portfolio and pipeline of medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, and technologies make a difference in over 100 countries. A Fortune 500 company, they generated revenue of $7.8 billion in 2021 with ~12,100 employees.
- Our client’s Colleagues foster a “run it like you own it” mindset and know their decisions and actions make a direct impact on our business and our customers. They have a highly collaborative culture and work across the business as one team to get results that matter.