Leads a team of product managers who identify and deliver value for highly complex data-driven initiatives in the e-commerce space. Brings to life data-driven products, including ideation, current state mapping, iterative value bundle definition, launch and beyond, while keeping user empathy and adoption front and center. Works closely in collaboration with other functional areas such as data engineering, decision science, and other enterprise teams, customers, internal users and business partners. This Manager brings passion and energy to solving customer/user problems with data-driven insights, to deliver results in a fast-paced agile environment.
Additional Job Description
Manager of Dataworks products is an entrepreneur functioning within the larger FedEx organization. Understanding the business context, whether it is an internal product to improve workflow and efficiency of internal users or deploying a new data driven capability to the market, this individual leads with a customer/user driven design mindset to scope, build and deliver value leveraging data-driven product or products. While individual solutions will need to have user context, this individual understands the larger context of the portfolio and understands the fly wheel effect of the capability set and shape it. Working with all levels of management, this individual will develop and deploy products, with a deep understanding of various domains such as Operations, Customer Experience, Sales, Revenue Management etc. across FedEx operating companies and regions.
While individual products will be owned by product managers, this individual will function as a “manager-doer”, with ability to be in the details and execute as needed. This individual will demonstrate tech-savviness and work with the broader end-to-end team to help make trade-off choices and translate those trade-offs to users and gain their consent. This individual will also be instrumental in evolving the product management practice within Dataworks.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Develops deep understanding of problem statements that Dataworks is solving for internal and external customers
- Articulates business value that Dataworks delivers both at a product level and at a portfolio level
- Manages and leads a team of product managers that are delivering value across multiple initiatives in the e-commerce space
- Enables products development and delivers value using Agile methodologies, from concept development, to journey mapping, to translating user needs/wants to backlogs, to developing product(s) with the end to end team, to launch and adoption.
- Displays a high level of user empathy, passionate about solving problems in the context of delivering a superior user experience. Fearless to hold users/stakeholders accountable through the development and adoption journey
- Works closely with Dataworks Decision Science and Data Engineering teams with tech savviness to understand the context of the technical solution and bridging it with the user community, educating and ensuring adoption
- Works with the broader enterprise teams – sales, solutions, marketing, regions, opcos, operations, customer experience etc., to ensure Dataworks is delivering value at scale for the Enterprise
- In collaboration with user and Dataworks teams, identifies, quantifies and measures value
- Works closely with vendors, strategic and systems integrators, and ensure deliverables are of quality and under budget
- Always looks for the “art of the possible” enabling value delivery with speed and agility
- Develops and implements necessary structure to manage agile iterative development within the product and portfolio context
- Communicates effectively at both the product level, to bring clarity to status and next steps and at the portfolio level, to articulate the broad value Dataworks is providing.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience Considered a Plus
- Deep understanding of e-commerce landscape inclusive of end-to-end consumer experiences, technology platforms, supply chain processes and major trends
- Experience with Retail Product Catalogs or Order Management Systems
- Demonstrated experience in delivering value leveraging large technical teams
- Experience in working with data / decision science to deliver business value
- Product Management experience building large-scale, technology capabilities with experience on platform products
- Technical background in computer science, software engineering, database systems, distributed systems
- Knowledge of and passion for the data/digital landscape, including market dynamics and advancements driving consumer expectations and business needs in retail/commerce, industry, healthcare, or logistics.
- Creative thinker able to ideate new concepts particularly around how data and external partnerships can extend innovative services to new customers and markets.
- Strong critical thinking and strategic thinking abilities (being able to look at the big picture and get into details).
- Experience and comfort presenting complex concepts to stakeholders, including executive leadership, with success.
- Proven ability to lead with minimal direction on projects where little institutional knowledge exists and ability to thrive in demanding and relatively unstructured environments.
- Demonstrated ability to network with peers and all levels of management and to collaborate cross functionally across the corporation.
- High level of positive energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Track record of outstanding performance and demonstrated leadership.
- Lead a cross-functional product team execution from discovery to delivery
- Prioritize, scope, and iterate on Dataworks product needs
- Attain a deep understanding of customer behavior based on qualitative and quantitative insights
- Build empathy for different user types through research and data to drive product experience
- Independently build a roadmap, and drive product requirements
- Leverage user research and stay up to date on UX best practices
- Develop deep understanding of technical systems and operations to inform product strategy and development
- Partner with engineering to influence technical solutioning and architecture to optimize for speed and quality
- Identify, manage, and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization
- Co-manage development, monitoring, and communication of program level objectives and key results
Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent in Product Marketing, Economics, Business, Finance, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or other directly related discipline. Six (6) years directly related experience in Product Management, Market analysis, planning, research or equivalent. Knowledge of competitive, market and economic factors affecting product performance and ability to perform fact-based data analysis. Demonstrated computer skills. Strong basic management, human relations, communication, and analytical skills. Excellent business acumen, organizational awareness, human relations, and communication skills required. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Domicile / Relocation Information:
This position can be domiciled anywhere in the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.