WE ARE A PRODUCT COMPANY.
WE ARE A PROCESS COMPANY.
ABOVE ALL, WE ARE A PEOPLE COMPANY.
The history of the Acushnet Company is tightly woven into the fabric of golf. From the start, we’ve been committed to enriching the experience of dedicated golfers through superior product performance, technological innovation, unmatched quality, and exceptional service. We are more than a collection of leading golf brands and products. We are a team united in our passion for the game. We are bridge builders who embrace our responsibility to leave our brands, businesses, communities, and the game of golf in a better position than when we started.
Together we live by the credo, “Autograph your work with excellence.” We earn our position as unrivaled leaders in every category in which we compete, striving for excellence in all that we do – from the performance and consistency of our products to our engagement with golfers and trade partners, to our commitment to creating a workplace built on diversity, inclusion, belonging and respect.
Summary: The Associate Product Manager Club Glove will provide research-supported insights towards the development and subsequent market launch of new items for all categories under the Club Glove brand. To collaborate on seasonal new product offerings through executing the established product development calendar. This role will work cross-functionally to assist Design, Development, Operations, Sales and Marketing inputs to ensure successful global product launches.
- Product Line Management – Drive seasonal and collection strategies, line plans and category/product briefs with target FOBs that deliver against the business gross margin demands. Incorporates market wholesale and retail actionable pricing strategies to ensure the product line delivers annual and long-term revenue, product and margin objectives. Use market, sales channel and competitive product analysis to manage development of actionable products and merchandising strategies.
- Product Presentations – Lead the Product Development and Confirmation Meetings. Conduct Key Account Presentations and lead any additional Product Knowledge Sessions.
- Strategic Partnerships – Support Sports Marketing and Quick Turn opportunities, led by the Tour Promotion Program. Deliver concierge service driven by prioritization and capitalization on quick strike brand building initiatives.
- Product Development Excellence – Manage seasonal product line within Centric PLM, including a detailed brief inclusive of proper financial targets along with ensuring all pertinent information is captured for timely product confirmation and item setup.
- Global Management – Develop and execute a robust product insights research plan on a global basis. Travel both Domestically and Internationally for regional Market Research and to visit suppliers. Plan and execute the insights plan for the US in coordination that is leveraged as a model for all other markets and delivered against the 4 key markets of US, EMEA, Korea, Japan.
- Market Research – Oversee development of and engage 3rd party golfer research for psychographic and demographic segmentation, product demands and performance. Conduct competitive market analysis and competitive review to identify market opportunities, competitive threats, and trends to determine new product opportunities.
- Product Strategy – Assist the development and update Rolling 3-year Worldwide Club Glove Product Strategy and Financial Plan.
- B.S. or BA with strong academic rigor and results.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven success in Product Management, Business Operations or Marketing.
- Proven experience of being able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Experience working with a PLM system a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to successfully package and present ideas and recommendations.
- Must have working knowledge of golf market place and strong knowledge of the game of golf.
- This position requires both domestic and international travel.
- A valid passport and ability to leave the United States is required.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be available on off-hours to communicate with vendors and ex-US markets.
- This associate will need to have an extreme attention to detail, be exceptionally organized, and have excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly proficient with PowerPoint, Word & Microsoft Excel.