Company Size: 101 - 500
We help customers spend less and travel better. Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to save travelers money. We aspire to be the world’s best – and most fun – place to book travel.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
– Hopper’s valuation is now $5B. The company’s valuation has more than tripled since early 2020.
– The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s revenue run rate is now 30X higher than its pre-pandemic high point, and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
– According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
– Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market, and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than before the pandemic, according to MIDT.
– The company sells over $2B in travel and travel-related financial services annually
– Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
– Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
– The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!